Store It All has a dynamic range of storage options for all your belongings, even the biggest ones. Your cars, boats, and motorcycles are welcome at Store It All! To help you prepare and protect your valuables for storage, we offer a few quick tips here.
- Deep clean. Washing your car is important to prevent mud, bird droppings, and other substances from staining or discoloring the paint.
- Change the oil. Used engine oil can contain contaminants that can erode or damage engine parts. This is especially important if you will be storing the car for longer than 30 days.
- Don’t use the parking brake. Leaving the brake pads in contact with the rotors for too long can cause damage. Instead, use a tire stopper to keep your tires from rolling.
- Prevent tire flat spots. If left in one place for too long, the weight of the car will press the tires into flat spots where they contact the ground. This can be combated by inflating your tires to the correct pressure and driving your car periodically while it is in storage.
- Keep pests out. Storing your vehicle in a protected, relatively temperature controlled environment is great for your vehicle – and also a safe haven for bugs and rodents. Keep these critters out by plugging any available gaps with steel wool. The tailpipe and air intake are ideal spots to plug up.
For more tips and assistance with storing your belongings, contact the team at Store It All today!